Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Introduction to Tutor/Mentor Connection

I'm sitting in the office of the Tutor/Mentor Connection, with Dan Bassill, who founded this organization 16 years ago. He's showing me how to use a blog and giving me ideas on how to create a leadership strategy to help kids and families in Roseland.

The links on my blog point to T/MC sites, like the May and November Conference, or the Zip Code Map, which people can use to find contact information for more than 200 tutoring and/or mentoring programs in Chicago, including the S.O.N. Foundation.

They also point to maps the T/MC is creating to help programs in a zip code build collaborations with businesses, churches, hospitals who are also part of the same neighborhood, and with volunteers who don't live in the neighborhood, but pass through every day as they go to their jobs in the city from their homes in the suburbs.

I'll be writing more articles to tell you about the organization I lead, and about way businesses, politicians, faith leaders and parents should support organizations like this. If you add my blog address to your web links, you'll connect your readers with me, and with the Tutor/Mentor Connection.

No comments: