Friday, October 3, 2008



Good morning Readers,

I want to introduce my pride and joy Jacqueline, her and I have been married 3 years. We both have businesses in the Roseland Community bring awareness to problems facing black families. My wife owns a day care center called Douglas Day Care with a wide range services for infant to teen age kids. Just recently the elementary school kids had not so good progress reports, but thanks to the tutoring program their parents had affordable options. We understand the importance in early childhood development and having well rounded children. We need everybody to play a role in educating our kids in a wide range activities. Me and my wife both grew up in the Roseland Community and had two different up brings. So, we want to provide our community with affordable programs that brings families together. The S.O.N Foundation offers kids a path to careers through mentorship. We take field trips to places an allow them to see people and things they never seen before. The difference in our program is we first write about the place we seen and then we talk about what we think it cost to run a business like that. You should see the kids faces after it's all over and the price was said.

It's early in my work day and I have meetings, so I write to you later.

1 comment:

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

Robert, this is great. You've learned to blog in less than one week! I'm pleased to help you. Keep telling your story and I and others will work to try to help you get partners and resources that you need to do this work.

One suggestion you should follow up immediately is to visit http://www.lawyerslendahand.org and see the grant guidelines for 2008. The proposals are due Oct 15, but I think you might apply as a start up and receive some support.

Good luck to you.

Dan Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection